Car Insurance FAQs

What is NCD?

NCD (or NCB) is your No Claim Discount or Bonus. This is the number of years you have held a policy without making a claim or having a claim made against you.

How long is NCD valid?

NCD is valid for 2 years after policy expiry. However we may be able to offer you an equivalent discount if your NCD has expired.

Can you use the same NCD twice?

You can only use NCD on one policy at a time. However, if you have a second vehicle we can offer you a multi car policy and mirror bonus from once car to other (also known as an Introductory Discount).

What is protected NCD?

NCD protection does not protect the overall price of your insurance. The price of your insurance policy may increase following an accident even if you were not at fault. NCD protection allows you to make one or more claims before your number of no claims discount years falls. This is available for an additional premium.

Can you cover modified cars?

Yes. We can offer full cover for modified vehicles and modifications that are declared can be covered on a like for like basis.

Am I covered to drive other cars?

Depending on your policy you may have cover to drive other cars on a Third Party only basis. Some policies we provide also offer Comprehensive cover for driving other vehicles. It is always worth checking your policy before driving any other vehicles. If you are unsure we can check for you.

Can I drive in the EU?

Most policies include EU cover free of charge for a defined period of time. This can differ between policies but is often for around 30 to 90 days. 

When the UK leaves the EU after Brexit, you will need to carry a motor insurance green card when driving in the EUand EEA. Please contact us 1 month before travelling in order to request this (additional charges may apply).

You will need your UK driving licence to drive in an EU or EEA country. You may need one or more international driving permits (IDPs), depending on which country you’re going to or through. If you have a UK licence you will not need an IDP to drive when visiting Ireland.

Is Breakdown cover included?

Some policies including our Multi Car cover does include UK breakdown cover as standard. We also offer different levels of breakdown cover seprately at an additional premium. Please contact us for details.

How do I report a claim?

If you need to report a claim, call our office on 01782 286311 and a memeber of the team will guide you through the process.

How can I pay for my policy?

We offer a variety of payment methods, we accept debit & credit cards (excluding American Express) and also offer a monthly payment option through our Finance Providers. Alternatively you can send a cheque in the post or send payment via BACS using the details provided to you when accepting cover.


Get in touch

 If you would like a quote for your Business or Personal Insurances, or have any questions click below to get in touch

Get in touch

Pace Ward Limited & Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd

6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Festival Park, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ

Tel: 01782 286311

Trustpilot Rated Excellent

Pace Ward Limited are Independent Insurance Brokers who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. A member of the Compass Network. Pace Ward Ltd Registered Office - 6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ - Registered in England & Wales Number 04812481

Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd Registered Office - 6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ - Registered in England & Wales Number 07662588

Privacy Policy