Home Insurance FAQs

What does buildings insurance cover? 

This covers your house in case of a disaster where your house is so badly damaged that it needs to rebuild. The event which caused the damage must have been outside of your control. Find out more here.

Are burst pipes covered? 

Accidental damage to burst pipes or water leaks are covered. Exclusions apply when the damage is caused by depreciation, wear and tear, faulty workmanship, defective design or any gradually operating cause. In addition, there is no cover for maintenance, routine or redecoration.

What is accidental damage? 

Accidental damage is designed to insure the policyholder's possessions against damage caused by acts of negligence - for example, spillages and breakages in the home.

What is contents insurance? 

This covers all the items in your house which are not fixed within the property, for example furniture, jewellery, appliances and clothes. Most contents policies will even cover things like the contents of your fridge and freezer.

Do i need both home and contents insurance? 

You don’t legally need both, but it is highly advisable. Your home will most likely be one of your most prized possessions filled with expensive contents. If something happens to your home, chances are some of your contents might also get damaged. Therefore, it makes sense to get both if you are a home owner.

How much contents insurance should i get? 

The amount of contents insurance you’re likely to need will depend on the amount you’d need back to replace the item. The 'sum insured' is the maximum amount your contents insurance policy will pay out if your item is totally destroyed. You can find out more here on how to decide how much you contents insurance you’ll require. 

What can contents insurance cover me for? 

Contents sum insured (varies depending on policy), Accidental damage (optional), Personal possessions (optional), Money, Credit Cards, Contents in outbuildings, Contents in garden, Frozen food, Digital assets, Documents, Legal Expenses cover

Is my shed/garage covered? 

Shed and garages count as outbuildings but can be insured under sums insured buildings depending on which policy you get. The same applies with the contents inside the shed or garage.

What is the sum insured? 

The maximum amount an insurance company will pay to rebuild your home in event of a claim.

Does renting my house out affect my policy? 

Renting your house out does affect your policy, you will need to discuss this with your insurer and get a more specific policy.

Can i make changes to the sum insured policy? 

If you want to make an amendment on your policy, please contact us at 01782 286311. This may incur a fee.

Do i need to notify pace ward of any changes?  

If you have a policy with us and any circumstances change, please let us know as soon as possible as any changes that we are not informed about can invalidate your insurance.

How do I report a claim?

If you need to report a claim, call our office on 01782 286311 and a memeber of the team will guide you through the process.

How can I pay for my policy?

We offer a variety of payment methods, we accept debit & credit cards (excluding American Express) and also offer a monthly payment option through our Finance Providers. Alternatively you can send a cheque in the post or send payment via BACS using the details provided to you when accepting cover.


Pace Ward Limited & Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd

6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Festival Park, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ

Tel: 01782 286311

Trustpilot Rated Excellent

Pace Ward Limited are Independent Insurance Brokers who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. A member of the Compass Network. Pace Ward Ltd Registered Office - 6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ - Registered in England & Wales Number 04812481

Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Pace Ward Financial Solutions Ltd Registered Office - 6 Ridge House, Ridgehouse Drive, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5SJ - Registered in England & Wales Number 07662588

Privacy Policy