Keyless Entry vehicle theft - Top Tips
The theft of vehicles with Keyless Entry systems is becoming all the more common across the UK. Vehicles can be easily stolen by thieves exploiting So how can you protect your car from thieves?
Thatcham Research offer the following security tips for drivers with keyless entry systems:
1. Contact your dealer and talk about the digital features in your car. Have there been any software updates you can take advantage of?
2. Check if your keyless entry fob can be turned off. If it can, and your dealer can also confirm this, then do so overnight.
3. Store your keys away from household entry points. Keeping your keyless entry fob out of sight is not enough – thieves only need to gain proximity to the key to amplify its signal.
4. Be vigilant. Keep an eye out for suspicious activity in your neighbourhood – and report anything unusual to the Police.
5. Review your car security. Consider aftermarket security devices such as Thatcham-approved mechanical locks and trackers, which are proven to deter thieves.
You can also purchase a Anti RDIF Theft Wallet which will block the signals your key emits, preventing RFID theft of your device and reduce the risk of your car or valuables within it being stolen. They are available for as little as £10 (Such as this one from Halfords http://bit.ly/2ioxWpI) - also a great stocking filler for anyone who wants to protect their pride & joy!